What you can do yourself to induce labor
If your baby is “overdue” but the amniotic sac is still intact, you can try using sex to promote labor. Many midwives swear by this “remedy” – the male seminal fluid contains natural labor pills (prostaglandins) which, with a little luck, can stimulate the onset of labor. In the following article, we get to know about How to induce labor? So don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it’s going to be very useful for you guys.
You don’t need to worry that this could harm your baby. Sex will only start your labor if the child is ready to cum anyway. So look forward to your baby and enjoy the time with your partner before the big day.
If you are about to go into labor, walking around or taking a warm bath can further stimulate your labor. However, you shouldn’t be alone when going for a walk, and you shouldn’t stray too far from your home or your baby’s planned birthplace. If you would like to take a bath to induce labor and also use essential oils, this should be discussed with your midwife or doctor beforehand.
A problem-free induction of labor also helps if you pay particular attention to enough sleep, rest breaks, and a healthy to induce labor, wholesome diet in the last few days before the due date, i.e. recharge your batteries as much as possible. Excessive exhaustion can prevent labor from starting or cause the delivery to stall.
Naturopathic methods to promote labor
The following methods of inducing labor and promoting labor may only be used in consultation with and usually only in the presence of a midwife or doctor to induce labor, usually only when you have arrived at the birthing center or the maternity clinic.
- Midwives often try to start the birth with aromatherapy. Essential oils from verbena, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger are used as massage mediums, compresses, or bath additives to induce labor. Alternatively, aromatherapy can also be carried out with appropriate herbal mixtures to promote labor.
- An enema is a classic way to stimulate labor. The emptying of the bowel results in increased bowel movements, which can lead to spontaneous labor pains. Just a few years ago, an enema as part of the standard procedure after the arrival of women in labor at the hospital. Today, the decision for or against it is usually left to the women themselves. Midwives and experienced mothers know, however, that there are a number of advantages that go beyond the promotion of labor: With an emptied bowel, you can press “more unrestrained” because you do not have to fear that during heavy laborstool also comes out, which can also intensify labor pain and prolong the expulsion phase. At the same time, your child’s head has more space in the small pelvis after it has been emptied.
- The so-called labor cocktail is a mixture of castor oil, apricot juice, verbena, and a little cognac or sparkling wine to induce labor. The onset of labor mainly promoted by the intestinal and laxative effects of castor oil. The cocktail can cause very violent labor and must never use without medical supervision to induce labor. If the cervix is not yet ready for birth, it can pose risks for both mother and child.
- Stimulation of one or both nipples can also be suitable for inducing labor and promoting labor. The release of oxytocin leads to contractions of the uterus and, under certain circumstances, to the onset of labor to induce labor. Some birthing centers also use this method as a so-called labor stress test. If the pregnant woman responds to the stimulus with labor within an hour, she considered ready to give birth to induce labor. Another stimulation then used to induce labor immediately to induce labor. The heartbeat of the child and the intensity of the contractions monitored by means of cardiotocography (CTG, heartbeat-contraction recorder).
- Doctors and midwives who are familiar with this also use some homeopathic remedies to induce labor. For example, Pulsatilla (D6), Belladonna (D6), Gelsemium (D4), or Caulophyllum (D4) used here.
Medical procedures for induction of labor
Of course, various medical interventions can also induce labor and promote delivery to induce labor. Once this has started, however, it follows it individual rhythm – your obstetricians only intervene here if the birth process stalls over a long period of time or if the mother and child already very exhausted.
In a birth plan, you can formulate your wishes for supportive measures during the birth in advance to induce labor – as far as there are no medical reasons against it, midwives and doctors will act accordingly as far as possible.
- An old method of induction of labor opening the amniotic sac or rupture, which rarely used today to induce labor. The amniotic sac carefully scratched or pierced with a sharp instrument so that the amniotic fluid begins to drain. If successful, this sets the prostaglandin secretion and thus the labor activity in motion to induce labor. The procedure itself is painless, but the birth must take place within a few hours afterward, as a rupture of the bladder increases the risk of infections and umbilical cord prolapse to induce labor. In the latter case, the child usually brought in through a cesarean section.
Egg Pole Detachment
- In the case of an egg pole detachment, the amniotic sac carefully detached from the cervix by hand. This procedure also releases prostaglandins. In about half of all cases, the birth starts within 48 hours to induce labor. The egg pole detachment itself can be painful, but it has the advantage that if labor induction is successful, no additional medication to promote labor is necessary to induce labor. This method does not increase the risk of infection or a cesarean section.
- Prostaglandins normally produced by the organism itself before and during childbirth. To induce labor or to promote labor during labor, they administer vaginal suppositories, tablets, or gel when the cervix still “immature“. They make it soft and open. This procedure can follow by very violent contractions, often after a short time.
- If artificially administered prostaglandins not enough to start the birth, the pregnant woman given a contraction drip. The infusion solution consists mainly of Syntocinon, a synthetic variant of the cuddle and breastfeeding hormone oxytocin to induce labor. The birth usually progresses very quickly. Oxytocin, however, often leads to very severe and sometimes hardly controllable pain to induce labor. The women therefore usually offered epidural anesthesia together with the contraction drip.
A medically induced birth is usually a little more painful and stressful than a birth process that begins naturally to induce labor. In a normal birth, mother and baby act in their natural rhythm. In an initiated birth. The uterus and cervix force to work by the various interventions.
As a result, the contractions are usually more intense and come at shorter intervals, and the birth is often faster overall.
If the induction of labor is unsuccessful, the doctor will make a new decision after a maximum of 48 hours. Either mother and child need a break before trying again. A birth that has already started can also be temporary. Interrupted for this by using appropriate medication.
Also read: How To Download Youtube Videos in Mobile